Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

getting philosophical

Today I have been at a course to learn more about using philosophy with children - or maybe that is the wrong phrase to use - its a collaboration of thoughts - we are there to scaffold the children's thought processes, allowing them the time and providing the situations to explore their queries and questions in and of life...

Yesterday I was writing about how the imagination needs to be used to become more imaginative - imagine my surprise when I heard the same words being used for philosophy - that we need to exercise our philosophical side more to be able to have deeper and more profound/meaningful philosophical thoughts. Maybe we need to have a good imagination to be able to philosophize?


if we look the same do we behave the same?
I am going to leave you there thinking about imagination and philosophy - because tomorrow I will be back at Södertörn University and spending another day pondering and thinking and learning about philosophy and children....


(ok and for the record I have hardly ever dressed the girls the same. I felt they needed the chance to develop their own personality - and just because they are identical twins does not mean that they have to be identical - sometimes they end up having the same clothes, because that is what THEY have chosen...  but why was this important? why? How? So many questions and so many answers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment