Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

getting technical...

Today I have been working out the whole idea of using QR codes... and getting rather excited about the potential of using them in my documentation process...

I have ideas... but as yet not going to go more into them until I am sure myself of how we are going to use them... but as we have been invited to be a part of the "Good Example Fair" in mid-May I thought of using them then so that those wishing to learn more about Filosofiska can use the code to link to more details and more explanations... so this is going to be a short post... so that energies can be put elsewhere... I am not the most technical of people, so these moments are small triumphs when I get things to work!!


Here is a link to one of my popular posts... about not cloning, but creating your own journey...



2 comments:

  1. We use QR codes in our Learning Stories (Individual Children's documentation files). We link them to video clips of the child learning. We upload the clip to an unlisted YouTube page and create a QR code (and a short URL for those who don't have a smart phone and access via computer), print them out and stick them in. It's a great way to provide evidence of many aspects of learning that a still photo can't do justice to and our parents love the video clips. We were a bit nervous of using them to start with as we were concerned about how time consuming it would be, so we aimed to include two per year per child in each Learning Story, but as we have discovered how powerful they are, we include more and more and also have them in the cloakroom and corridor as part of our displays. I hope you find them as enjoyable to use (once you get over the technical bit) as we do. Best of luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your feedback...

      I really love the potential of this... and I am quite sure that it will work, but I am watning to test it out for a while so that we can evaluate for the rest of the team... and not just come up with an idea that others feel is over-whelming... technology can sometimes be a little frightening for some... so I feel I need to try and allow others to feel more comfortable with it...

      again thank you for your feedback... it is very encouraging, and confirms what I already felt would happen...

      Suzanne

      Delete